Call Routing Tutorials
Call routing is the cornerstone of any successful call center operation. There is no "One size fits all" this is why the TRACK Pulse software is built with flexibility and is highly configurable.
Here are some items to note around call weighting and priority while planning out your call routing playbook.
- All inbound calls are given a wait score that ultimately will decide which calls are presented first.
- The following calculation determines the wait score.
- Queue Weighted Priority multiplied by the number of seconds a call is holding in a queue.
- Queue Weighted Priority determines which queues will take priority when an agent is active in multiple queues at the same time.
- The higher the number, the higher the importance of the queue.
- The max weighted priority that can be set in TRACK Pulse is 1000.
Example of this in action where agents are in more than one queue:
- If a call is in queue A for 60 seconds when agents become available and queue A has a Queue Weighted Priority of 1000, then it will have a wait score of 60000 at that time.
- If a call is in queue B for 10 minutes(600 seconds) when agents become available and queue B has a Queue Weighted Priority of 100, it will get a wait score of 60000 as well.
In this example, these calls end up with the same wait score, so the Queue Weighted Priority wins out, and the call in queue A should be presented to the next available agent ahead of the call in queue B.
However, if the call-in queue B has been waiting for 11 minutes(660 seconds) when agents become available, and queue B has a Queue Weighted Priority of 100, it will get a wait score of 66000.
This will result in the call from queue B taking precedence over the call in queue A as the wait score will win out, and even though queue A has a higher Queue Weighted Priority, the call in queue B has a higher wait score, so it should be presented to the next available agent first, even though queue A has a higher Queue Weighted Priority.
The following Videos in this article will help layout a foundation for building your call center strategy.
Please feel free to reach out with any questions as our Client Success Managers, Pro Services Team, and Support Staff is always happy to help.