Email templates from the CRM configuration can be selected, edited and sent directly from the sale view page. This will provide TRACK CRM users the ability to send reservation or other sale related emails and documents on demand directly from a Sale.
Sales Email Template Creation
What is a template
An email template is a pre-formatted and/or pre-written email that you can use to replace it with your own content so that you can quickly and easily write and create emails. To send an email from a sale you must choose a template to work off of. These can be created in Configuration > CRM Setup > Email Template Setup.
Required Fields To Be Included To Use This Feature
In order to have your template appear as an option within a sale the Object field when creating the template must be set to "Sale". Please note, once a template is saved the Object field is no longer editable, you cannot change an existing template to be related to a sale. You must create a new template.
Other Fields In Template
- Name: this is the name of the template in the drop-down on the sales page
- Active: If active it is available to be used. If inactive it will not appear in the drop-down options.
- Use Layout: If enabled the brand email layout template will be used and the content within the sales template will be inserted into the content area of your brand template. To create a brand template go to configuration > company setup > brand setup > new/edit > email layout
- Subject: this is the subject line of the email. Please note that merge fields can be used for personalization to reflect the entities related to the sale.
- HTML Content: This is the body of the email. Please note that merge fields can be used for personalization to reflect the entities related to the sale.
- Attachment: An attachment can be set on the template to be attached when the template is sent as an email. Please note that the attachment is only done at the template level. It cannot be modified or removed at the individual send level.
Existing Usage Of Template
Templates with the Object set to sale existed prior to this new feature addition. An email template with the Object set to “Sale” was available in automations when the object of the automation was also a sale. This functionality is unchanged.
Sending An Email From A Sale
- There must be an email template created with the Object set to “Sale”
- The sale must have a related contact with an email address to utilize the search feature for adding an email address.
- Go to the CRM tab on the left of Track PMS
- Select the sub-menu option "Sales"
- Select "View" on the sale that an email is to be sent from.
- Select the Email button in the upper right.
- Select a template.
- Select the recipient of the email (to, cc, or bcc). The search will only locate a contact related to the sale. An email address can be typed in as well and saved to the field with the enter key.
- Edit the body if necessary.
NOTE: the attachment is not visible in this modal. A user is not able to see there is one or edit or remove the attachment. The attachment is only set in the template configuration.
Verification Of Send / Email Log
Outbound Email Log
The outbound email log will record all emails that are sent from sales. This is to ensure there is a searchable record for property managers to track what emails from sales have been sent and if they have been opened by the guests.
To search the outbound email log, you must search by the email address of the recipient. Begin typing the email address and the remaining results will automatically narrow with the remaining matching addresses.