SECTION 1: GETTING NUMBERS
- Log into TRACK: use the small gear icon to access the configuration page
- From the configuration page, click ‘Numbers’ (you will need to purchase numbers through your Twilio account to be used in Pulse).
- Click ‘+Purchase Number’ (if you would like to use a current Twilio number, click the edit button for that number)
- Another screen will pop-up within Pulse.
- Click the dropdown and search numbers by toll-free or area code.
- Once you have chosen a number, click the ‘Purchase’ button next to the number and then close the screen.
- Purchased numbers became available in Pulse immediately.
SECTION 2: CAMPAIGNS
To track your current marketing/ad campaigns, they must first be added to Pulse.
- To create a campaign: Campaigns can be found either within “Configuration” or from the CRM tab in the left menu.
- In configuration, click “Campaigns."
- Click ‘+Campaign’ button
- Name the campaign.
- Enter a campaign description.
- Check ‘Active’ to make the campaign live within Pulse.
- All calls for this campaign will be recorded unless ‘Disable Recording’ is selected.
- Click ‘Save Campaign’.
- You will be redirected to your campaign in TRACK
- You will be given a tokenized URL to flip the number on your website in order to track your revenue from this campaign
NOTE: the URL is useless if you do not purchase a number unique to this campaign
SECTION 3: ATTACH NUMBER TO CAMPAIGN
- Go back to configuration → Pulse Setup → Numbers.
- Select ‘Edit’ for the number (you purchased in section 1) for the campaign.
- In the ‘Campaign’ field, select the name of the campaign you created.
SECTION 4: WEB TRACKING
- The web tracking portion of Pulse is used to generate the tracking codes for all of your company’s ad campaigns.
- Web tracking can be found in the Pulse side menu dropdown.
- Link Builder:
- Select the campaign using the dropdown arrow (highlighted below)
- Paste the landing page URL you would like the campaign to direct to, if you want the campaign to lead to a page other than the home page
- This is the TRACK generated URL you can use to keep track of this campaign
- Tracking Code:
- The attribution mode defines which campaign to give credit to for generating the lead. First click attributes credit to the campaign which the traveler first found. Last click gives credit to the campaign that the traveler last visited before contacting the resort/company. For example; John Doe found your company through a Google Adword campaign that your company was running, and then found that your company also had a Groupon promotion. Which campaign would you like to give credit to for generating the lead?
- CSS Class should always = phone
- Website Code - copy and paste the code (shown below) that was generated into your website.
NOTE: If the website hasn't been adjusted to handle the number flipping this wont work. Wrap the phone number associated with the campaign with a span tag that has a class=”phone”.
Owner: TRACK PULSE - Implementations Team
Training Documents: Created May 2019