Surveys are a great tool to get feedback from clients after they’ve stayed at your locations. You can create unique surveys to be sent to clients that have stayed at specific locations or for certain events please see image at the end of this document for what an example survey looks like. Below is a quick guide on how to set up surveys.
- Survey configuration is done within the CRM setup in the TRACK settings.
- Under the Survey settings you’ll find two options; Questions and Surveys.
- You’ll want to add questions first so you can build surveys.
- When you’re in the Questions configuration you can add questions by selecting the green ‘+Question’ button.
- Name field: This is the question itself that you want to be displayed within the survey.
- Is Active: This is a checkbox to allow this question to be an active option when creating a survey.
- Type: This is a drop-down menu to select which style of question you want to ask. You can have a text, selection, rating or ranking, or interests response.
- Once you have a list of questions created you can now start building surveys
- You can start to do this by accessing the surveys configuration option.
- When you’re in the Survey’s configuration you can add a survey by selection the green ‘+Survey’ button.
- Here you’ll be able to configure the general aspects of the survey and under the appearance tab, you can change how the survey will look for your clients.
- General Configuration
- Name field: This is the name for the survey
- Introduction Text: This is displayed text at the top of the survey that you’ll want to greet and explain what the survey is for.
- The active checkbox is this survey active and available to send to customers.
- Brand: Selecting a brand allows you to customize the survey for your specific brand. It will grab all information related to that brand.
- Completion URL: When a survey is complete you can route it to a specific URL.
- Completion Text: This text is displayed to the customer when the survey is completed and submitted.
- Expiration Text: This text is displayed to the customer if they try to submit a survey after the expiration date.
- Expiration Date: Set a specific expiration date for the survey.
- Categories: Categories is a section to organize questions based on the overall category they apply to. The display of this will clearly separate questions with a category title.
- Questions: Add questions from the list of questions you’ve created. You’ll also be able to attach them to the category here and order them accordingly. Here you can also set them to be a required response for submitting the survey or not.
- Appearance Configuration
- Logo Image: This is set to the company default right away but when you select a brand in the general configuration it will grab the logo attached to the brand.
- Hero Image: This image is left blank unless an image is set up. The image will be placed under the logo and will span the width of the survey itself.
- Color Options for various aspects of the survey:
- The colors for the survey default to TRACK colors unless specified. You can change the color by typing out the color (ex: ‘red’, ‘blue’, ‘green’) otherwise, you can insert HEX values for specific colors.
Setting Up Automations for Survey
There is a two-step process to get Surveys sent to the customer. First, you have to set up an automation to create the instance of the survey. Second, you’ll need another automation to send the survey to the customer.
- Under the Company Setup, you’ll want to create a new Job within Automation.
- Give the job a name and set the object you want to be looking at.
- Select the conditions that you want the survey to be created.
- Select ‘Create Survey’ as your action and then select the survey you want to create.
- Once that is set you can now create another job and in the object field you’ll need to select ‘Survey Instance’.
- Set the conditions for when you want to send the survey to the customer.
- You can send the survey as an email or if it’s enabled you can send the link as the text message.