This article will walk through the steps of creating an email template, and using that template to re-send emails to clients or create triggers/automations with said templates.
This feature can be used if the client did not receive the email or was sent to an incorrect address. This is just a sample of the reasons that may be applicable to re-sends.
Create a new email template:
- Navigate to Settings->CRM Setup->Email Templates
- Click on the green "+Template" button
From there the template can be created by following these steps:
- Name - This is the name you want the template to be
- Object - What is this template used for; contact, lead, sale, reservation, housekeeping work order, maintenance work order, survey instance, task
- Active - Check this box to make the template available to be used
- Use Layout - TRACK has preset HTML layouts that can be used. This is a simple HTML wrapper with the company logo. In most cases, this option is not needed.
- From Name - Name that you want to show in the "From" email sender (usually will be company/brand name)
- From Address - Which address should this email come from (this will need to be an address that has a verified domain)
- Subject - What is the subject of this email template
- Source Code - If you have source code you can select this button and enter that code. If this template is just text-based then you will want to add the content in the empty field. (if you have source code in a trigger or automation you can pull it from there and enter it here in the template)
- Save Template - When finished with the design and set-up the template can be saved
Create Trigger or Automation with a Template
- Navigate to Settings->Company Setup->Business Rules
- Choose either Triggers or Automations
- Triggers are event based. This means the email will send once certain conditions are met. (ex. reservation moves to confirmed status)
- Automations are time based. This means the email will send based on a timeframe (ex. Send a pre-stay email 72 hours prior to arrival)
- Select the green '+Trigger' or '+Automation'
- Create the Trigger or Automation using the steps below:
- A more detailed explanation of creating triggers and automations can be found at the links attached.
- Give the trigger or automation a name
- Select the object the rule will look at
- Housekeeping Work Order
- Maintenance Work Order
- Survey Instance
- Select Start and End dates that this rule should run during (Not required to set up the trigger or automation)
- Run Once - This feature is checked on by default. By selecting Run Once the automation will never be sent twice to the same reservation.
- Is Active - This will indicate if the trigger/automation is off or on
- Select the conditions this email should send based off of
- Action - Select 'Send Email Template'
- Select who this email should be sent to
- Contact Email
- Reservation Reservation Email
- Select the name of the email template that was created earlier in this article
- Use Layout - Apply a brand template
Re-Send Emails From a Sale
If a company intends to re-send emails that are used in the Business Rules(triggers & automation) section please follow the below steps.
- Search for the sale you want to re-send an email to by using the search feature in the top right of the window
- Click on the 'View' button
- While viewing the sale click on the yellow 'Send Email'
- Fill out the following fields
- Select the contact(s) you want to send this email to
- From the dropdown select the name of the template to be used
- Select the "Use Layout" to apply a brand template
- The subject will auto-populate based on the template chosen
- Content of the email will display here. Edits can be made to the content if needed
- When all of the fields have been filled out and the email content is there select 'Send Email'