Below are step-by-step instructions on how to add a new reservation agent into the Track system and accepting calls as soon as possible.
Creating a User Profile
- Log into your Track system and go to the Configuration page.
- Under the Company Setup tab, and click Users under User Setup.
- Select the green button +User.
- You will need to enter your agent’s name and email address, along with a username and role.
- Keep in mind, while the four fields above are required, any additional fields you can enter are highly encouraged.
- Once you save the user, an email invitation will be sent immediately.
- To make sure the email actually reached your new agent, you can check your Outbound Email Log to ensure the invitation didn’t bounce.
- Agents will have 24 hours to accept their invite, otherwise, you will need to resend them an email on their User Profile.
- Once the agent accepts, they will need to create a password for themselves.
Creating an Agent Profile
- Now the agent will need an Agent Profile created for them so they can answer phone calls. To get started, go to Configuration -> Pulse Setup tab. Click on Agents under the Agents column.
- Click +Agent
- Choose the user that you are creating an Agent Profile for, and give them an Agent Role. If their role is set to Team Lead or Manager, they will be able to listen to other agents’ phone calls.
- An agent’s rank determines how likely they are to take phone calls or chats. The higher their rank number, the more often they will receive calls over everyone else.
- Choose the routing method for each agent. Typically this is Auto, but you can also set people to Manual routing.
- Don’t worry about the Personal Queue, that will be our next step :)
- Assign the agent to all group queues relevant to them.
- Click the Call tab and assign any individual agent destinations to their account. This could be desk phones, cell phones, or anywhere else only that agent would answer the phone.
- When ready, click Save Agent.
Creating an Agent Queue
- Back in the Pulse Setup tab of the Configuration screen, select Queues, and then +Queue.
- For the queue’s type, select Agent, and select the corresponding agent. You can then change the name of the agent’s queue if you like.
- Manage the Agent Queue’s advanced routing options, including the routing method, failover action and timer, and any greetings you’d like to include.
To summarize, when hiring a new reservation agent and getting them started using Track, you’ll need to do a few different things. Creating a User Profile allows them access to the Track CRM. Creating an Agent Profile allows them to answer calls or chats. Creating an Agent Queue allows agents to transfer to each other within the Track system.